- support the university's researchers when they want to publish their research results
- ensure that the work published in the university's name is of a high scholarly standard
- decide which publications are eligible for support in SAS or one of the other three series that the committee's responsible for
- promote researchers' publications in those journals that lead to increased research funding
- determine funding for publications
- provide information about strategic publishing
- form a reference group for the publications database (DiVA) to ensure high quality is maintained.
The Publications Committee is directly responsible for the following four series:
The Södertörn Academic Studies series consists mainly of monographs and anthologies, presenting the final results from research projects undertaken at Södertörn University. While open to all research fields and disciplines, much of the research presented in the series concerns Eastern Europe and the Baltic Sea region, focusing on the social, historical, political, economic and cultural development of countries surrounding the Baltic Sea. To see the latest books in the university's series go to Publications series.
The Södertörn Academic Studies series is handled by the Publication Committee. It is part of the Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals, Series and Publishers External link, opens in new window., which acknowledges scientific quality and adherence to peer review practices (level one).
The Publications Committee has granted permission for the starting of a number of other series that are connected to specific subjects or departments.